Small town girl. Joins Navy. Sees the world. Flies in planes. Hunts submarines. Gets out of military and has 3 kids. Rejoins Air National Guard as an "old lady" of 38.


A humorous compilation of stories and lessons learned. Usually the hard way.

Saturday, April 21, 2012

It's a Girl!







Isn't she beautiful?  Today is a wonderful day.  My very first niece, Ellia Grace (named for our late grandmother) was born this morning at 3:14 am.



I'm officially and auntie!  I cannot wait to squeeze her in my arms and pinch her cheeks.  Yes, I will be that aunt!  July (our planned trip to all meet in Minnesota) cannot come fast enough.
  
Being eleven days overdue, she has taught me a lesson in planning.  The famous quote, "Life is what happens when you're making other plans" could not be more true.  Yes, I have control issues.


Sometimes.  And babies are just one more thing we cannot control no matter how much we'd like to.

While I'm sad that I couldn't be there when she was born (in fact I'm on the other side of the country), I promise you, Ellie, I will always be there for you when you need me.  And I will always have gum.  And just like the way I felt when my own children were born- it amazes me that you can love someone so much before you have even met them.

No comments:

Post a Comment