Small town girl. Joins Navy. Sees the world. Flies in planes. Hunts submarines. Gets out of military and has 3 kids. Rejoins Air National Guard as an "old lady" of 38.


A humorous compilation of stories and lessons learned. Usually the hard way.

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Year Advice (From the Mouths of Babes)

Happy 2012!!!  A clean slate, a fresh start to do even better than ever.

Below are quotes from my little ones from the past year.  As soon as they say it- I'm always sure to write them down- a huge tip I would give to any new parent. 

Hope you enjoy and learn some valuable lessons to take with you into the New Year from my...

CJ: 9 yr old daughter,
JA: 7 yr old son,
& CC:  5 yr old daughter

 ******************************************************************************

Me:  Why did you put hand sanitizer on your sister's pillow?
JA:  I do it every morning.  I need to clean it ‘cause she drools on it every night.
Cleanliness is important.


CC:  I need some gasoline [Vaseline] for my lips.
Be careful what you wish for.


JA:  I just ran my muscles out of business.
Exercise whenever you can.


JA:  I got lots of pictures from the Valentine dance.
Me:  Oh really?
JA:  Yeah, in my head.  I got one video too.
Capture memories.


CC:  Mommy, have you ever been to jail?
Don’t be nosy.


CC:  Can we watch Diarrhea of a Wimpy Kid?
Proper word enunciation is very important.


JA:  Can I have some brown sugar for breakfast?  With a little oatmeal in it?
A little sugar goes a long way.


CC:  A few days ago I just learned about everything in the world.
Never stop learning.


JA:  Usually when it’s close to Easter, I sleep all day.
Take time to relax.


CC:  Oh, I broke the antennae off of my apple!
Eat a healthy diet.  Be gentle with your food.


Me:  [attempting to teach a lesson]:  What is something you probably shouldn’t do, even if your friends are doing it?  [thinking smoking, drugs, etc.]
JA:  Stick a sword in someone!  [Understatement of the year!]
Don’t cave to peer pressure.


CC:  Mommy, when am I going to have a beard?
Me:  Um, never.
CC:  Do girls get beards?
Me:  No… not normally.
CC:  Oh.  [Sounding disappointed]
Me:  Do you want a beard?
CC:  [thinking] No… just a mustache.
Embrace your own natural beauty.


JA:  Attention everyone.  While we are at the park, please do not go near the green people.  They could be zombies.
Be wary of strangers.


CJ to JA:  You’re going to ruin your insulation.  [cut off your circulation]
Take care of your body.


JA:  We just planted a bug.  It was dead though.
Not everything grows when planted.


CC:  Do we get to see the magic pencil in Pennsylvania?
Travel much.


CJ:  After 12:38 my stomach starts rumbling.
Always be punctual.


CC:  [As we are walking together] You know what Mommy?
Me:  Hmmm?
CC:  I’m really starting to like you.
Tell others how much they mean to you.


CC:  Mommy, I wish your name could be Jesus.  But that’s a boy’s name.
Aim high.


CJ:  This is freaky, but I have white stuff on my tonsils.
Me:  [after inspection] Um, I think it’s just spit.
CJ:  Oh good.  I thought it was mold!
Get regular check-ups.


JA:  I love you as far as the sun.
CJ:  I love you as far as Jupiter.
CC:  I love you as far as Washington state.
Love much.

"Let this coming year be better than all the others. Vow to do some of the things you've always wanted to do but couldn't find the time. Call up a forgotten friend. Drop an old grudge, and replace it with some pleasant memories. Vow not to make a promise you don't think you can keep. Walk tall, and smile more. You'll look ten years younger. Don't be afraid to say, 'I love you'. Say it again. They are the sweetest words in the world." ~Ann Landers

2 comments:

  1. I hope you don't mind, I shared this to facebook.. it made me laugh, great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not at all. Happy to hear you enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete